This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, and the conditions under which we may share it with others and how we keep it secure.
We may update this policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure you’re happy with any changes.
- We will be transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with it.
- We will put in place measures to protect your information and keep it secure.
- We will respect your data protection rights and aim to give you control over your own information.
The personal information we collect and use
Personal information means details which identify you or could be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details, your travel arrangements and purchase history. It may also include information about how you use our websites and mobile applications.
We collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Names of persons booking tours or products, payment details, address, email address, phone number and country of residence.
- Additional details e.g. Information about your health, if you have a medical condition that may affect your tour such as the provision of wheelchair assistance or oxygen or you may have requested accommodation that provides services (such as a meal) which is not ’sensitive data’ but may imply or suggest your religion, health or other information.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information:
- To fulfil your travel arrangements and deliver the services you have asked for.
- To manage the tour
- To send tour updates and communications to you.
- To provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way.
- To improve our websites, products and services.
- For management and administrative purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We share your name (and in some cases your contact telephone number) with our third-party suppliers such as accommodation providers, ferry companies and visitor attractions for the purpose of your tour only.
This data sharing enables us to source appropriate providers (e.g. accommodation providers, ferries, trains, car hire, visitor attractions) and allows us to offer a high level of service and tour. Without this, we would not be able to fulfil your tour booking and quality of service.
- We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
- We will share with credit and charge card companies, credit reference agencies and anti-fraud screening service providers to process payments, and (where necessary) to carry out fraud-screening.
- We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
What information must be provided by you, and why
The provision of your name, address, contact telephone number, email address and payment details are required from you to enable us to process your booking. We will inform you at the point of booking, the detail that we require from you in order to fulfil your booking.
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons we collected and needs to use your information. Under EU and UK data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- Because we need to use your information so that we can process your booking, fulfil your travel arrangements and otherwise perform the contract we have with you.
- Because we need to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect the vital interests of you or another person.
- Because you have consented to High Spirits Tours using your information for a particular purpose.
How long your personal information will be kept by us
We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you book a tour with us we will keep the information related to your booking, so we can fulfil the specific travel arrangements you have made and after that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries, feedback or concerns relating to the booking and for accounting purposes the period required under UK tax laws. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive any loyalty rewards which are due to you.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained.
Under the current UK Data Protection Regulations, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- Access to your personal information require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email email@example.com with the subject title “My data request” including the following required Information:
- Your full name;
- A description of the data that you are requesting (such as tours booked/taken with High Spirits Tours), including a date range;
- Confirmation of booking references and/or email addresses (past and present) used to book tours or products with High Spirits Tours; and
- Any other information that may assist us with identifying the data you require.
Please note that we may contact you to request additional information to verify your identity before we share any data requested. From the date that we receive all of the required information, we will process your request in the time frame outlined in current UK legislation.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
Telephone: 0330 333 9254
Post: High Spirits Tours, 25 Tillybrake Gardens, Banchory, Aberdeenshire, AB31 5QG, UK